Monday, July 4, 2011

Life just happens

Life just happens
It’s not pretty
It doesn’t wait
It doesn’t care

All I have is me
My convictions
My choices
Myself

Take that away
I have nothing
No purpose
No hope

I learn from
Your mistakes
Your lies
You

Don’t tell me
I am young
I don’t know
I can’t see

I have lived
Your dreams
Your nightmares
Your mistakes

I know about
Your failures
Your regrets
Your life

I can see
You are broken
Impulsive
And rash

I don’t want to
But I judge you
Because you
Force me to

Can’t you see?
We are different
Do you listen?
When I speak

I don’t want
What you want
My world is not
Black and white

I don’t judge
Like you judge
Nobody is perfect
You see

I don’t hate
Like you hate
People are complicated
I think

I don’t love
Like you love
It’s toxic
Sometimes

Will you please?
Open your eyes
Take a breath
And hear me

I have a story
I have 25 years
I have a voice
I have a view

Your failures are
Your, not mine
On your regrets
You should dine

There is a life
That happens
Let me face it
Leave me be . . .